The mist-blower sprayer is an essential tool for farmers who wish to manage their crops effectively and efficiently. Thanks to its functionality, it allows liquids such as insecticides, fungicides and fertilisers to be atomised, making the distribution process more uniform and precise.
In this article, we will discover how the mist-blower sprayer works, the different types available on the market, the advantages of using it, and the factors to consider before buying it.
Are you looking forward to finding out which mist-blower sprayer comes closest to your needs to make your crops healthier? Then continue reading this article!
Agricultural mist-blower sprayer: what is it?
An agricultural mist-blower sprayer is a solution used to distribute liquids - such as insecticides - evenly and precisely over the surface of crops. This machinery consists of several elements, including: a pump, a tank, a distribution system, filters and nozzles that work together to atomise the liquid and distribute it best over the crop.
The liquid is pressurised by the pump and then sent through a tube to the distribution system, where the nozzles break it down into very small particles, usually between 50 and 200 microns.
This atomisation process is essential to ensure that the liquid evenly covers the surface of the plants, reaching even the hardest-to-reach parts.
How does an agricultural mist-blower sprayer work?
The operation of the machine is based on an atomisation process, which consists of breaking up a liquid into very small particles. This process is essential to ensure an even distribution of the liquid over the surface of the plants.
Below is a detailed description of how an agricultural mist-blower sprayer works:
- Pump: liquid is drawn from the tank via a pump, which pressurises it to flow through the hose.
- Filters: the liquid passes through a series of filters, which serve to remove any impurities or debris in the liquid.
- Nozzles: the pressurised liquid is sent to the mist-blower sprayer nozzles, where it is broken down into very small particles. The nozzles are designed to produce particles of a specific size, generally between 50 and 200 microns.
- Adjusting the amount of liquid: the amount of liquid distributed over the crop can be adjusted according to your specific needs. This adjustment can be done via a manual or automatic adjustment system, depending on the type of mist-blower sprayer used.
- Liquid distribution: the liquid is distributed over the crop evenly and precisely. The liquid particles produced by the nozzles cover the entire surface of the plants, reaching even the most difficult-to-reach parts.
Types of agricultural mist-blower sprayers
There are different types of agricultural mist-blower sprayers, differing in the characteristics of the liquid to be atomised and the type of crop to be treated. Below are the main types of agricultural mist-blower sprayers:
- Wind mist-blower sprayer: this type of mist-blower sprayer uses a fan to produce a flow of air that carries the liquid and distributes it over the crop. Suitable for large-scale cultivation, such as vineyards, orchards or tree plantations, where long-range distribution of the liquid is required.
- Atomising mist-blower sprayer: the atomising mist-blower sprayer produces very fine particles, usually between 10 and 50 microns, which are evenly distributed over the crop. This type of mist-blower sprayer is particularly useful for greenhouse cultivation, where precise distribution of the liquid on small plants is required.
- Centrifugal mist-blower sprayer: the centrifugal mist-blower sprayer uses a rotating disc to atomise the liquid. The liquid is distributed over the crop through a central tube, which sends the liquid to the outside of the disc, where it is atomised. Perfect for medium and large-scale crops, such as cereal or forage crops.
- Spray mist-blower sprayer: the spray mist-blower sprayer uses nozzles to produce liquid particles that are distributed over the crop. Suitable for smaller treatments or localised applications such as ornamental plant care.
- Low-volume mist-blower sprayer: the low-volume mist-blower sprayer uses nozzles that produce larger liquid particles than other mist-bower sprayers. This type of mist-blower sprayer performs best on crops where a low volume of liquid is required, such as insect infestation control.
If you would like more information about the operation of Caffini's agricultural mist-blower sprayers or would like assistance in choosing the most suitable equipment for your needs, we are here to help.
Our team of experts is at your disposal to provide you with support and personalised advice. We invite you to contact us: we will be happy to answer all your questions and help you choose the machine that best suits your needs.